THE INFORMATION BELOW IS PRELIMINARY AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE. AS INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE IT WILL BE POSTED. MOST INFORMATION REGARDING THE 2024 COMMENCEMENT WEEKEND WILL BE AVAILABLE THE BEGINNING OF MARCH.
STADIUM, JOYCE CENTER, AND COMPTON PROHIBITED ITEMS POLICY
As part of an ongoing commitment to safety and security, the University of Notre Dame will continue to institute policies on items that are permitted in and around our football stadium, the Joyce Center, and the Compton Family Ice Arena.
Guests are discouraged from bringing any large bags, please see below for full list.
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and patience as we strive to ensure minimal disruption or delays. Personal property and privacy will be respected at all times.
ALL items are subject to inspection upon entrance, including Diaper, Pumping, and Medical bags, blankets, purses, coats, or ponchos.
Please note: Metal detectors will be used at all entrances of the Joyce Center and Notre Dame Stadium for the Commencement Mass and University Commencement Ceremony. After having bags checked, guests will pass through the metal detectors and then have e-tickets scanned/checked for entry to the venue (if tickets are required). Entrants will not be required to remove belts, cell phones, coins, jackets, jewelry, watches, wallets, shoes or other small objects. Guests are encouraged to arrive early at the venue to ensure a sufficient amount of time for screening.
The following are items NOT permitted:
- Artificial noise makers
- Backpacks, duffel bags, or tote bags
- Cans or glass bottles
- Drones or Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS): The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) prohibits the operation of any UAS within a 5 mile radius of an airport. Given the University’s proximity to the South Bend International Airport (SBN), any use of UAS on campus is strictly prohibited.
- Explosives or fireworks
- Food or beverage (except unopened plastic water bottles) (Food is allowed as a medical necessity with proof.) Concession booths are available.
- Large containers or coolers
- Opened bottles of any kind or other drinking containers
- Selfie Sticks
- Signs or banners
- Smoking, tobacco, or e-Cigarettes (St. Joseph County ordinance)
- The throwing of any object at any time
- Weapons of any kind
- Any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate
The following ARE permitted:
- Cameras and limited use of camcorders*
- Cell phones and pagers
- Cinch sack/drawstring bag
- Diaper bag (when a child is present)
- Pocketbooks and purses
- Rain apparel
- Seat cushions
- Stadium chairs or seat backs**
- Water bottles (unopened/ sealed)
*Cameras, camcorders, and umbrellas are allowed as long as they do not compromise the view of others.
**Stadium chairs or seat backs are added to the allowed items for commencement weekend only.