Items Prohibited at the Sunday morning University Commencement Ceremony include:
- Air horns
- Alcohol of any kind
- Balloons, beach balls, or frisbees
- Containers of any type—glass bottles (perfume, drink bottles, etc.), cans or thermoses
- Coolers, grocery bags, tote bags, or duffel bags
- Drones: The University prohibits any use of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), or Drones, on campus. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) prohibits the operation of any UAS within a 5 mile radius of an airport. Given the University’s proximity to the South Bend International Airport (SBN), any use of UAS on campus is strictly prohibited.
- e-Cigarettes, matches, lighters, smoking, or tobacco
- Explosives or fireworks
- Food or beverage
- Laser lights or pointers
- Leatherman or similar tools
- Mace or pepper spray
- Metal objects
- Portable seatbacks
- Any object that can be used as a projectile
- Purses or bags larger than 12”x12”x12”
- Selfie Sticks, poles, or tripods
- Sharp and/or pointed objects
- Signs, banners, or posters
- Spray containers, aerosols, or flammable liquids
- Unopened packages of any kind (i.e. graduation presents).
- Weapons of any kind, including but not limited to guns, ammunition or knives (regardless of size)
Baby strollers are not prohibited, although discouraged. If you must bring a stoller, please try to keep it a simple light-weight stroller. The more complex, the longer it will take to go through the security checks. Thank you.