Class of 2021
Plan Your Visit
Guest Tickets For Commencement Events
The University is providing each graduate up to four guest tickets for the Commencement Mass and University Commencement Ceremony, to be held in Notre Dame Stadium on Sunday, May 23, as well as for the college and school diploma and hooding ceremonies to be held over Commencement weekend. More information is available here.
COVID Vaccination, University Health and Safety protocols, and Updates
In partnership with state and local health officials, the University has instituted public health protocols to keep the campus community and local communities as safe as possible. We strongly encourage all graduates and guests to be fully vaccinated prior to Commencement weekend.
- As previously announced, given that 90% of our graduates are fully vaccinated, masking is optional for fully vaccinated graduates at the official Commencement ceremonies. We urge those graduates who are not vaccinated and those who feel more comfortable masking to do so.
- Based on guidance from our local public health officials, family members and guests are asked to wear masks at all Commencement ceremonies.
- Seating for graduates will be physically distanced, 3 feet apart. Any graduate who would like seating that is 6 feet distanced should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Seating for guests will be 6 feet between family groups.
For up-to-date information about current conditions on campus and the University’s health and safety measures, please visit our HERE website
Given the pandemic, absolutely no guests will be permitted to stay in campus dorms over Commencement weekend.
If you need assistance with travel arrangements or hotel accommodations, Anthony Travel is the University’s official travel partner. You will find many Michiana area hotels and motels are within a short distance of the University. For more information, please visit: https://visitsouthbend.com/places-to-stay/
South Dining Hall (for meal plan holders only) as well as retail outlets in Duncan Student Center, LaFortune Student Center, and Au Bon Pain in the Hesburgh Library will be open over Commencement Weekend. Legends will also be open for carryout only. Specific hours may be found at dining.nd.edu.
Given COVID protocols, while the eateries are open, dining-in is not permitted inside Duncan Student Center and LaFortune Student Center. Ample outdoor seating will be offered in the following locations:
- Tents will be available on DeBartolo Quad
- Tent outside LaFortune Student Center
- Outdoor seating on Library Lawn
- Outdoor seating on South Lawn
- Tents on North and South Quad
Rohr’s at the Morris Inn will be open for normal hours. For additional information and reservations, please visit https://morrisinn.nd.edu/dine-with-us/rohrs/ or Open Table.
On Sunday, May 23, a variety of food trucks will be available immediately south of Notre Dame Stadium after the University’s Commencement Ceremony. The food trucks and campus retail outlets will provide opportunities for campus guests to purchase food immediately after the University’s Commencement Ceremony.
Beverages only (i.e., water, coffee, and soft drinks) will be available for purchase during Commencement ceremonies.