Class of 2021
STADIUM BAG POLICY
As part of an ongoing commitment to safety and security, the University of Notre Dame has instituted a policy on bags and other items that are permitted in and around event venues.
For Commencement Weekend, guests are discouraged from bringing bags larger than 12"x6"x12" into Notre Dame Stadium, Frank Eck Baseball Stadium, the JACC, or Compton Family Ice Arena for the official Commencement ceremonies. More information can be found below.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience as we strive to ensure minimal disruption or delays. ALL items are subject to inspection upon entrance, including diaper bags, medical bags, blankets, purses, coats, and ponchos.
The following are items NOT permitted at ceremonies over Commencement Weekend:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Artificial noisemakers
- Backpacks, duffel bags, or tote bags
- Cans or glass bottles
- Drones or Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS):
- Explosives or fireworks
- Food or beverage (except unopened plastic water bottles)
- Large containers or coolers
- Opened bottles of any kind or other drinking containers
- Selfie Sticks
- Signs or banners
- Weapons of any kind
Further, smoking, including e-cigarettes per St. Joseph County ordinance; tailgating, and throwing any object are strictly prohibited.
The following ARE permitted at ceremonies over Commencement Weekend:
- Cameras and limited use of camcorders*
- Cell phones and pagers
- Cinch sack/drawstring bag
- Diaper bag
- Rain apparel
- Seat cushions / seat backs
- Strollers (Strollers must be parked in the Concourse of Notre Dame Stadium and are not allowed in the seating area. The University is not responsible for unattended, lost, or stolen items.)
- Unopened, sealed water bottles
*Cameras, camcorders, and umbrellas are allowed as long as they do not compromise the view of others.
Thank you for your cooperation.